When the London borough of Westminster spent £6 million on a smart centralised system for its 14,000 street lights, it could hardly have expected insolvency to leave it stuck with the lights on.
Would you replace your night light with a glowing piece of biotech?
That's the idea behind Glowee, a French envirotech company that is pitching an ethereal blue glow light based on "3.8 billion years of R&D by nature".
In view of electricity crisis resulting in long hours of power outages, the Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) has planned to equip city streets with solar lights. The metropolis authority has urged public as well as consumer committees to join hands and bear 30 percent of the installation costs. It plans to cover the remaining 70 percent.