Participating in April’s Green Campus Summit in Pondicherry? There are just a few days left to finalise and submit research papers.
The deadline for final paper submission for all participants is this Sunday 10 February. The summit will be an opportunity for everyone involved in higher education to exchange ideas about running eductaional institutions in a sustainable manner and teaching students about the importance of sustainable development.
The organisers of the summit have outlined specific areas of interest to be addressed and submitted research papers should fall within one of the following categories:
- environmental education and curriculum development
- outreach programmes
- sustainable management of water resources (water harvesting, greywater reclamation and reuse, etc..)
- energy efficiency and green energy
- solid waste/ hazardous waste/ toxic waste management
- food services and food security
- biodiversity conservation and habitat restoration
- land use management
- green buildings
- green purchasing
- sustainable transportation
- integration of technology for campus sustainability
The summit will feature more than 300 representatives from universities, organisations and governments worldwide and the event will be a catalyst for fostering relationships and discussing methods for implementing sustainable practices into educational institutions in areas such as curriculum innovation, restructuring, action research, activities and practical projects.
The summit is being run by the following organisations and institutions:
- Association for promoting Sustainability in Campuses and Communities (APSCC), Pondicherry, India;
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Research and Transfer Centre “Applications of Life Sciences”, RCE Hamburg;
- Region Centre for International Business and Sustainability (CIBS), London Metropolitan University, UK; and
- Pondicherry University, India.
Papers can be up to 4,000 words in length. A template for paper submission can be downlooaded here. Papers must submitted to the dedicated email address email@example.com.
RESET is a media partner of Green Campus Summit 2013.