Young people, entrepreneurs and startups that are using digital tools to address environmental challenges now have the chance to become the European Youth Award Champion 2015 and travel to the EYA Festival in Graz, Austria! Apply before 21 July.
Ideas and information spread across the internet throughout the entire world, bringing people together and giving them a platform to discuss pressing issues and collabroatively develop innovative solutions. The Europan Youth Award (EYA) 2015 looks to recognise and support social entrepreneurs using technology to tackle soe of the biggest problems of our time.
Young, talented people have until 21 July to apply for the EYA 2015, which is divided up into categories such as healthy life; smart learning; go green; active citizenship; and more. The festival brings together creative thinkers, experts and changemakers as a means of fostering exchange.
RESET was a partner of EYA in 2014 where a number of groundbreaking projects were awarded including the project Foodloop (n the ‘Go Green’ category), which tackles food waste; and GovFaces which connects politicians and citizens and allows them to exchange with one another.
Who Can Become a Digital Champion?
If you meet the following criteria, you can take part in the EYA:
- creative heads under 30
- that live in one of the EU or European Commission member states and
- have developed an extraordinary, innovative, digital project.
- HEALTHY LIFE: fitness | nutrition | healthcare
- SMART LEARNING: education | e-skills | open science
- CONNECTING CULTURES: arts | games | diversity
- GO GREEN: energy | resource management | sustainability
- ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP: free journalism | open government | social cohesion
- MONEY MATTERS: financial literacy | employment | smart consumerism
- FUTURE LIVING: e-mobility | urban development | sustainable tourism
The EYA Festival will take place from 18 – 21 November in Graz, Austria. Want to submit your idea? Head to eu-youthaward.org – student projects are also welcome.
This article has been translated, in part, from the original that was published on our German platform by Hanadi.