Just a few weeks left: take part in the European Youth Award, Europe's competition for young people using digital technology to instigate positive change. Register your project by 1 July and you could win a three-day trip to the EYA Festival in Graz.
This year will mark the first time that there will be more mobile phones on this planet than people. Internet and mobile technologies have become a part of daily life for most people. But they can do more than small talk: high-tech innovations connect people across the globe and enable the spread of ideas and innovative solutions (read more about that via our Knowledge article "Mobile Technology and Sustainable Development"). The European Youth Award supports young, social entrepreneurs who use digital tools to address pressing issues.
Digital Changemakers for a Better Future
The European Youth Award (EYA) is a Europe-wide competition for young people who tackle social and environmental problems with the help of digital technology. It also looks to further the goals of the European Commision's "Europe 2020" mission and motivate young people to find innovative solutions for concrete problems using IT and mobile technology. All the winners will be invited to participate in the EYA Festival, taking place from 19 – 21 November in Graz, Austria. The Festival is an established platform for international knowledge exchange and promotes networking opportunities for future cooperations.
Who Can Become the Digital Champion?
If you meet the following criteria, you can take part in the EYA:
- creative heads under 30
- that live in one of the EU or European Commission member states and
- have developed an extraordinary, innovative, digital project.
- HEALTHY LIFE: fitness | nutrition | healthcare
- SMART LEARNING: education | e-skills | open science
- CONNECTING CULTURES: arts | games | diversity
- GO GREEN: energy | resource management | sustainability
- ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP: free journalism | open government | social cohesion
- MONEY MATTERS: financial literacy | employment | smart consumerism
- FUTURE LIVING: e-mobility | urban development | sustainable tourism
More info: eu-youthaward.org
We're looking forward to partnering with the EYA!